Logging in to the editing system:
Navigate to edit.spottedbylocals.com and log in with your username & password
Writing a new article:
1) Choose “Claim Spot”
2) Write your article (150 -250 words) and fill out all fields
Always keep the Spotted by Locals concept in mind (read about it here)
Important for SEO (Search Engine Optimization):
- Use the original spot name (your language – transliterated to latin)
- Add city name & spot name in the first paragraph of each article, and preferably repeat a couple of times in the article
- Link to other spots and external websites (read how to link here)
- Use the actual spot-name throughout the article (i.e. instead of ‘this place’)
Tip: “Save” your article regularly, or use an external text editing program to write your article first.
Festivals, events & temporary spots
Please write about temporary spots & events – visitors love that! You can submit these 2 months before the actual date. Please make a note in your calendar about taking them offline!
When and how to submit an article for publication:
When you think the article is ready for publication choose “Submit to HQ”.
Our editor Dimitris will check your article (and maybe edit
some grammar / spelling) and publish your article within 48 hours after you submitted it.
Tip: When grammar / spelling edits have been done, the original version is not saved. If you want a copy of the original article, write and save the original version on your computer!
Why is writing new articles regularly important?
1) Visitors like fresh articles.
Many of our most loyal visitors, are people who are looking for tips in their home city. Of course, these people are looking for new tips regularly!
2) Google likes fresh articles
Search engines like Google like fresh content. They will rank your cityblog higher, if there are regular updates and fresh articles.
So do you have a new favorite bar, restaurant, cinema, theater, place to relax etc. you really like? Improve your cityblog by writing a new article!